Saturday, June 02, 2007

Katie goes to Van Saun

We went to Van Saun Park on Memorial Day. It's a Bergen County park that I loved going to when I was little. It has a great little zoo, nice playgrounds, a train, and pony rides. As you can probably tell, I love zoos. As I get older, I'm having more issues with the idea of keeping animals, particularly large animals, in captivity for the amusement of people, but I'm setting this aside to tell you how neat it was to share the little zoo I enjoyed so much when I was little with my daughter. The zoo has a farm section (Bergen County used to be farms, afterall). Here's Katie looking at the sheep. Katie particulalry liked the alligators and the turtles. She talked about the alligators for days afterwards and said they were "scary." If you ask her, most days Katie will tell you that her favorite animals are turtles

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Hey Meadow, Katie, and their parents! I just found your blog and have been browsing around, Katie is adorable. I think it's pretty cool that she loves turtles! Jacob can't wait to meet Katie (and Meadow - he loves cats and dogs). Love, Nancy, Susy and baby Jacob (and Ella and the cats)

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home