Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Our funny girl

As I've mentioned before, when I describe events and places on the blog, I miss out on a lot of the regular (and often amusing) Katieness. She's been particularly funny lately. She's very into language lately and realizing that people speak different languages. She can count to 10 in Spanish and spends a lot of time counting letters or tiles or just to herself. We're teaching her to count in French and Ania is teaching her to count in Polish. She recognizes that Dora and her friend Sophia both speak Spanish. And she's very into giberish at the moment, something we're finding annoying and we call it speaking "Katieish."

Katie's also very social - in case it's not obvious. We stopped by this garden yesterday and there was another little girl around her age and they immediately made friends and ran around with each other. At her friend Erika's house last week, Katie told me "Mommy, you go in the kitchen with all the other mommies."

And her phrasing is amusing - her pajama pant legs are "leg sleeves." And she told Peter this morning "I'm not happy at you." Yesterday she told me "I'm not happy at you Mommy because you told me I can't watch tv. You should let me watch tv when I want." I explained to her that we can't watch tv all the time and it's my job to say when it's okay. That didn't go over too well, but eventually she changed the subject.

Yesterday, we spent a good portion of the afternoon at our friend Donna's house, just hanging out. We brought Meadow because she gets along with Donna's dog Kobi. Katie spent the entire time playing with Meadow. She brought her tennis balls and bones. It was really cute and something she doesn't do at home. Meadow loved the attention, but sure enough when the girls are back at home, Katie's is back to "Meadow's bothering me/Meadow's licking me/Mommy play with me, not Meadow."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home