Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mommy and Daddy go Belize


So we left Katie with my parents while we went to Rohit and Hilary's wedding in Belize. We had to take 3 planes, including a very, very small one to get to the remote location, where we were met with many creepy crawlies and high heat and humidity. The rustic resort was complete with romantic mosquito netting over the bed. We're still itching from the experience. But I have to say that the plane wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (I almost didn't go because of it and I didn't even take the ativan). It was nice to get away and it was a good lesson for Katie that Mommy and Daddy go away, but they come back too.

Katie had a blast with my parents, or maybe I should say that they had a blast with her. My mom got a day off from work and Mom and Katie got to hang out with Aunt Elizabeth's mom Karen, so they all had fun. On Saturday, Katie's cousin Robin came over, they went to the children's museum, and Robin and Katie had their first sleepover! Katie slept in "Mommy's crib" and Robin slept in the "big bed." Katie came back talking about baby Ella sleeping in the doll cradle (my old doll cradle I brought down from the attic). I asked if she had named Baby. No, Baby is still Baby. Ella, it turns out, is Robin's stuffed baby elephant. Both Baby and Ella slept in the cradle with the blanket that Karen made my dolls for my 4th birthday. I love that Katie can tell me stories now. It's so much fun.

Thanks to Jill for lending me her great dress (again!), Ania for watching Katie at 6:30 am(!) and Kelli for having yet another Katie playdate so she'd feel at home.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home